Spartan Race

Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Weekend

My latest predicament is the old trying to fit appropriate training in to the call schedule issue. I was on for 32 hours straight from Thursday morning to Friday evening, and then my wife and I started back going to the gym with a new personal trainer Friday night, post call. We haven't been in about four months. I got up the next morning and ran a little local 5K (which was fun). I woke up Sunday morning extremely sore, I think from the Friday evening workout. The only problem is that I'm slated to run the Outerbanks Marathon next weekend. We'll have to see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, RunningDoc. I like this idea of yours. I will definitely be following your crazy adventures - crazy to me only based on my baseline horribly deconditioned status. I can't imagine running 0.1k let alone 5 k. That brings me to my first question - why do americans still use k when describing marathons rather than m?
    Wildkat

    ReplyDelete